March Programs & Services Committee Report
Minutes from P&S Committee
via phone conference
Christie Shertzer, Linda Moore, Bobbi Hartwell
Review of March Board meeting and budget request:
Board approved our budget of $600 for 2012:
- $50 earmarked to pay for guests' meals at quarterly meetings (e.g., Gretchen Phelps, the speaker at the March quarterly meeting)
- $150 for picnic supplies (paper plates, cutlery, trash bags) for quarterly meetings
- up to $400 for CBA classes and events
Prep for upcoming Quarterly meetings:
- June meeting: June meeting will be held at Monksgate. Chad Olsen is the speaker (Bobbi will confirm with him). It will be a potluck and BYOB. Monksgate will share some of their newly-released rosé.
- September Social: We will invite Val Anctil to our April P&S meeting to get a plan in place for inviting new people to the event. We discussed charging members $5 and splitting the cost of food for guests between the P&S and Members/Sponsors committee. Dinner will be summer picnic fare (grilling burgers and brats from Carlton Farms, potato salad, etc.).
- Cielo Blu is scheduled to host the December meeting, but they still haven't joined the CBA. Bobbi will check with Jane Davis on status.
- Red Hills Olive Press Tour: We've scheduled a complimentary tour and olive oil tasting at the Red Hills Olive Mill for CBA members. Tuesday, May 1 (5:30 pm), need to get details into the newsletter.
- We reviewed the cheese class proposal from Kookoolan Farms. At the time of reserving, we need to place a 50% deposit ($362.50). We decided to wait until the fall, so we will ask Chrissie if we can tentatively hold Sept 25 on the calendar and then have until June 30 to see if we have enough participation before we put the deposit down. This would give us 3 newsletters and the June quarterly meeting to get the word out. Bobbi will contact Chrissie to see if this is ok.
- The Board requested that the P&S Committee sponsor a website development class, but we didn't get any further guidance on what kind of class they were thinking of, so Christie will check with Val for additional info.